Step By Step Guide & Items Needed For Washing Polyester Curtains
Usually, the polyester belongs to the family of the synthetic fabrics that is having the natural resistance towards the wrinkles, shrinking, and the fading as well when the users took proper care of it. The polyester curtains can be cleaned easily and it is not mandatory to wash them regularly. The users can use the air fluffing process to remove the dust and the debris particles from the polyester curtains and can easily refresh the polyester curtains. If in case the users want to wash their polyester curtains then they are advised to use the cold water and do not use the iron on them. The users can easily wash the polyester curtains at home by gathering the below-mentioned materials and then following the below-defined steps:
- Washer And Dryer, Detergent
- Fabric Softener, Clothing Line
Step I: Prepare And Wash The Polyester Curtains
- Soak Up The Curtains: Start by detaching the curtains from the window and then soak it into the bucket of the warm water and then add few drops of the dishwasher detergent to it. In this way, the users will easily be able to get rid of the stains and the dirt as well from the surface of the polyester curtains. Then allow it to soak for almost one night and if in case the users are having less time then they can let the curtains soak for almost one or two hours. The users are advised not to use the bleach when they are washing the polyester curtains.
- Select Their Press Cycle: Then the users are advised to select the press cycle for their polyester curtains. Most of the experts usually recommend using one cycle for their polyester curtains. With that one washing cycle, the curtains will get cooled down even before the cycle of the spin. By this, the polyester curtains won't get wrinkles and will look fresh accordingly.
- Use The Cold Water: Now use the cold water while the users are washing their polyester curtains as the cold water balances the curtains and will preserve their curtains that are made up of the polyester fabric. That is why the users are advised to use the cold water if in case they want their polyester curtains to have the long-lasting life.
- Select The Detergent: Next the users are advised to choose the detergent that will not be rough on the polyester curtains. They are advised not to choose the detergent that is chemically formulated for the tough stains. As these kinds of detergent can make the polyester curtains to get faded or can also damage the fabric quality.
- Use The Fabric Softener: Then pour the fabric softener so as to minimize the cling effects on the polyester curtains. The users are advised not to wash their curtains with any other fabric as they can easily get the white toned cling on their polyester curtains.
- Hand Wash The Curtains: If in case the users want to protect the quality of the polyester curtains then they are advised to hand wash their curtains. This is the easy way by which the users can easily maintain the polyester curtains. The users are advised to be very gentle while they are hand washing their polyester curtains. They need to swirl the curtains in the cold water and then gently fold them. If their curtains consist of the stains or are having the yellow effect then they are advised to machine wash them so as to attain its actual position back.
Step II: Dry Off The Polyester Curtains
- Use The Dryer Sheet: The users need to use the dryer sheet with the fabric softener if desired. Usually, the polyester can get defected with the cling and that is why it is advised to the user to use the dryer sheet. The dryer sheet can also help the user in minimizing the cling within the dryer. These sheets also help in reducing the wrinkles on the polyester curtains. If in case the users have used the softener in the washing process then they are advised not to use the dryer sheet. Most of the dryer sheets are available in a scented way and thus the users are advised to choose the one that they like.
- Select The Dryer cycle: Then the users need to position the polyester curtain in their dryer on the low heat. The users are advised to be assured that they place their dryer on the low heat cycle before they dry their polyester curtains. If in case the users kept their dryer on the high heat cycle then it can result in melting the polywater curtains. If in case the users are more concerned about their curtains then they are advised to run the test before placing the curtain in the dryer.
- Air-dry The Curtains: In order to avoid the shrinkage and preserve the quality of the polyester curtains, the users are advised to let the curtains air dry completely. They need to hang their curtains in the cloth line or in the hangers and then place their polyester curtains in the outside in any dry and sunny spot and once they get dried off completely they are advised to take their polyester curtains down.