Step By Step Guide Of Wiring Chandelier With Multiple Lights
If in case the users are having the ceilings of the cathedral style or any other room in their house that is having the high ceiling then the chandelier can easily add the pleasing touch and also offers the excellent light source for any kind of space. The only drawback is that the chandelier with many bulbs are having the potential of getting more problems than the chandelier with the single bulb can get. If in case the users are having the chandelier which consists of few bulbs that are not working even after the users insert the new one then they are advised not to throw them out as they can fix them easily by using few materials. The users can easily wire the chandelier with multiple lights at home by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Turn Off The Breaker: Start by turning the breaker off that offers the power to the chandelier.
- Set The Ladder: Then set the ladder upwards so that the users will easily get to the chandelier and it will be easier in front of them and not straightly above them. After that, take the tape piece and then stick this tape piece to arms that are having the non-functioning lights and then detach the chandelier. The users are advised to take the help from the friend or the assistant so that they can easily lower down the chandelier while the users are stepping down out of the ladder.
- Detach The Bulbs: Next the users need to detach all the bulbs within the surface of the chandelier.
- Check The Wires: The users need to check all the wires within each socket and it will also depend upon how actually the chandelier has got wired. They need to check the wires within the sockets that are combined within the light canopy or there might be the possibility that the wires might be grounded within other light parts specifically at the base. If in case the chandelier is only having the two wires that are coming outwards within the topmost side then there might be a chance that the branched wires might be placed at the base. Then detach the nuts within the base cap and then the users will find out the wires beneath it.
- Find The Arms: Now find out the arms that are having the tape over them. At that specific point where actually the arms meet up with the box of the junction and determine the wires and then detach the wires from their connectors of the wire. They need to do this detaching process with each of the arms that are not working properly.
- Detach The Socket: Unfasten and then detach the socket within the defected arm. The users might require to unfasten it and it will entirely depend on the construction of the chandelier. The users might require to unfasten the nut or unfasten the set of the screw.
- Lift Up Socket: Then lift up the socket outwards and then lift up the wires outwards with it as well. Then unfasten the final screws over the socket and then detach the wires accordingly.
- Take The Lamp Cord: Next take the cord of the lamp and then fit it within the arm of the chandelier. Then the users need to insert it within the portal of the socket within the box of the junction. The users need to be assured that the wires will come outwards within the box of the junction before they trim down the wire.
- Cut The Wires: Trim the wire that is coming outwards at the end of the socket. The users need to leave the six inches of the wire that is coming outwards from the arm and then split the cord of the lamp downwards in the centre so that the users are bound to have the 2 separate wires. They need to use the strippers of the wire so as to detach the three by four of the insulation within each wire.
- Twist The Wires: Then twist out the wire that is stood so as to keep them affixed with one another and then bend down the wire into the shape of the hook. Then cover the uncovered wire around the socket terminals and then fasten the screw so as to fasten down the wire in the place. They need to repeat the same procedure for another wire.
- Pull Down The Wire: After that, pull down the wire within the box of junction until they won't position the socket in its place. Then fasten the socket in its seat accordingly.
- Seperate The Lamp Cord: Then separate the cord of the lamp on the side of the junction box and then use the strippers of the wire so as to detach the insulation as the users did earlier. Then affix the one wire with the other wire groups that are affixed with the black-toned wire and another wire affixed with the white toned wires.
- Repeat The Procedure: The users are advised to repeat the same procedure for each chandelier arm which was not functioning properly. Once they finished, the users need to be assured that all the connectors of the wire are fastened and then reinstall the box cover and the bulls and then reinstall down the chandelier as well.
- Turn On The Breaker: Then, at last, the users need to turn back the breaker on and then examine the chandelier.