Fabric sofas require proper maintenance in order to keep them look beautiful and lustrous every time. Fabric sofa can get stained by regular usage and needs an immediate cleanup process in order to remove them before they get stayed this can be done using simple homemade cleaning solutions as well as the commercial chemical agents.
How To Get Grease Stains Out Of The Sofa/Couch?
The best way to remove the grease stains out of the sofa is mentioned below:
- Baby Powder: Sprinkle a good amount of the baby powder on the area affected with the grease and allow it to stay for some time till it gets absorbed.
- Brush Off: Clean the powder using a brush and sprinkle powder once again and let it stay.
- Scrub: Pour the upholstery cleaner over the stained area and smoothly rub it using a scrub brush.
- Liquid Dish Soap: Pour some amount of branded liquid dish soap on a clean cloth and rub the affected area with the same.
- Damp Cloth: Rub the greased area using damp cloth till the stain diminishes completely.
: In case the stain is still visible the entire process can be repeated till it diminishes completely.
How To Remove Blood Stains From Fabric Couch?
The steps to remove the blood stains out of the fabric couch are as follows:
- Damp Cloth: Blot the blood stain using sponge damped in the cool water. Scrubbing the stain is not recommended as it may spread the stain.
- Prepare Solution: Add a small amount of the club soda into the cup of the cold water and mix it well. Apply this solution over the bloodstained area with the help of the sponge for blotting.
- Mixture: Take a spray bottle and fill it with the water, now add a little amount of glycerin and laundry detergent into it and mix well.
- Spray: Spray this mixture on the affected area and follow it by rubbing with a sponge in circular directions until the stain seems to be disappeared.
- Dry: Once the stain is vanished completely apply cold water over the area and dry it using a dry towel.
What Is The Proper Way To WashOut Water Stains Out Of Fabric Couchs?
The steps to washout water stains from fabric couches are mentioned below:
- Vinegar And Water: Take two cups of water and add nearly half a cup of the vinegar into it mix it well and pour the solution into the spray bottle.
- Test: Prior to applying the solution on the affected area it is always advisable to test it over on the small area that is hidden and allow it to stay for 5 minutes. If the spray leaves the stain on the fabric than avoid using it and fill the bottle with distilled water and if all goes well then proceed to the next step.
- Apply: Apply the solution over the stain.
- Microfiber: Blot the liquid using a microfiber cloth and continue doing it until the stains fads.
- Dry: Use a hair dryer to dry the area completely and to restrict the mold growth.
: Repeat the entire process if water stains are still visible.