Steps To Clean old Unfinished Wood Floors
Here are some of the steps by which the customers can easily clean the old unfinished wood floors:
- Clean The Wood Floor: Firstly the customers need to clean all the dirt and debris from the wooden floor by using a cordless vacuum or by simply using a broom.
- Remove The Stains: After that, the customers need to clean all the stains by using a trisodium phosphate on the wooden floors with the help of a little brush and rub it in the circular motion all over the areas of the wooden floors.
- Dry The Floor: Once the customers have completed rubbed the wooden floor then the customers have to clean the floor by using clean water and then make the floor dry by using a towel.
- Use A Sander: If the customers find out that the stains still persist then the customers need to use a sander over the areas of the wooden floor for some minutes and when the stain is removed completely the customers then need to clean the area by using a soft broom.
- Using Mineral Spirits: The customers can also clean the unfinished floor by using the mineral spirits as they do not contain any harsh chemicals.
How To Clean Unfinished Wood Floors Before Staining
Here are some of the steps by which the customers can easily clean their unfinished wood floors before staining:
- Filling The Spray Bottle: Firstly the customers need to fill the spray bottle with water and vinegar and spray it all over the unfinished wood floors.
- Clean The Wood Floor: Then the customers need to use a lint-free rag and clean all the areas of the wooden floor. Customers should not use the paper towels as they can leave behind the particles of the paper and can easily affect the staining of the wooden floors.
- Let It Dry: The Customers should use a damp cloth and rub it all over the areas of the floor and it should be allowed to dry in the open air before staining the wooden floors.