Proper Procedure Of Waterproofing Fabric Outdoor Furniture Including Chairs
The majority of the fabric outdoor furniture is water-resistant but not waterproof. Unexpectedly patio furniture that is waterproof may also lose its water-repelling qualities with the passage of time. In order to maintain your fabric patio furniture, you need to waterproof it after cleaning or seasonally. However, all the waterproofing formulas are not equal. For best results, select a product that identifies clearly & definitely that it is for use on outdoor fabrics. And go through the furniture manufacturer's instructions, due to the reason that some of the products may harm the fabric as well as nullify your warranty if you have one. The things that you will need to waterproof fabric chairs include a brush or hand vacuum & waterproofing fabric spray.
- First of all, brush off the dirt from your lightly soiled or dusty fabric chair with the help of a hand vacuum. If the chair is heavily soiled, then you need to clean it with the help of an outdoor fabric cleaner before waterproofing. It is extremely important to clean the fabric before you apply the waterproofing spray, due to the fact that products for waterproofing fabric will seal in any dirt that is leftover on the fabric chair.
- Now, you need to make sure that the fabric chair that you are going to waterproof is entirely dry, due to the fact that waterproofing products work exceptionally well on dry surfaces. Select a calm, mild day, when there is no rain forecast, in order to waterproof the furniture including the fabric chair.
- Keep waterproofing products at some distance from plants as well as animals. Position the chair on a patio, driveway, or those areas where the waterproofing spray product will not get on plants. If this is impossible, then you need to protect the nearby plants with the help of newspapers or a tarp.
- Spray the fabric chair with the waterproofing spray. It is extremely important to spray the seams well, damaging moisture is in all probability to collect there and mildew the furniture.
- Allow the fabric chair to entirely dry before you start using it again. Do not expose it to moisture as long as it is fully dry. If it starts raining, then you can bring the outdoor fabric furniture including chairs inside.
Fabric Outdoor Furniture Tips
- For the majority of the outdoor furniture fabrics, you can use the identical waterproofing methods that are used on sailboat fabrics.
- Go through the fabric for rips before you start waterproofing your fabric chair. If there are rips, then you need to repair them as soon as possible, before you spray the furniture. Waterproofing will not be as effective & successful if the covers have holes or tears.
- Go through the warning labels carefully on waterproofing sprays. Some of the products are best used on certain fabrics and are not suggested for use on other fabrics.
- If it is essential to spray the product on a windy day, then it is important to wear safety goggles as well as clothing that protects you completely in order to prevent spray from getting in your eyes or on your skin.