Wicker furniture, also known as the rattan furniture, is mostly placed in the drawing-room, garden or on the balcony that gives a decent look to the home and gardens. The willow, rattan, reed, and bamboo wood are used to make wicker furniture, Sometimes synthetic fibers are also used for making the wicker furniture. The wicker furniture is lightweight that is easily moveable from one place to another. The wicker furniture gets old after a short period of time that needs to be refinished immediately.
Easy Steps To Update/Refinish Wicker Furniture
In order to refinish or update the wicker furniture, the user needs to follow the steps given below carefully:
- Remove: The first step to give a new and bold look to the old wicker furniture is to remove the old cushions first and check if the cushions need to be replaced.
- Clean: Now clean the old wicker furniture. Take a soft cloth, warm water, and liquid soap to clean the surface of the wicker furniture. A vacuum cleaner can also be used for instant cleaning.
- Check: Now check the conditions of the legs of wicker furniture. If the legs are loose, then apply some wood glue on legs to fix it.
- Primer: Now apply primer on the wicker furniture with the help of paintbrush or paint sprayer. At least two coats of primer should be used and then let the primer dry for maximum 7-8 hours. Keep the wicker furniture directly in sunlight.
- Painting: After drying the primer, start the process of painting the wicker furniture. Use the best paint for the wicker furniture like universal-metallic-oil.