Steps To Refinish Laminate Table Top
The method to restore/refinish the laminate table top is as follows:
- Clean: This is the first important step in the process, use the soapy sponge with water and wipe down all the dirt, oil, or grime from the table top. Once cleaned than use a towel to dry it.
- Sanding: Now sand the table top with the palm sander having 220 grit sandpaper, sand in the direction of the grains, don't sand too much, the purpose of the sanding is to make a surface on which the primer/paint sticks easily.
- Paint: Now apply the paint to the tabletop but use the paint that is durable and can withstand to all spills.
- Apply: Use the best quality foam roller to apply the thin coats of the paint, don't go for thick coats, apply 2 or three thin coats.
- Seal: At last seal the paint with the sealer like Minwax Polycrylic clear satin. This will protect the table top from the wear and tear./li>