Easy Procedure And The Items Required To Paint A Wooden Garage Door
There are so many different ways of painting the wooden doors of the garage but using the paint sprayer will be the best among them as it requires less time rather than the others. Before moving forward to start the procedure the users are advised to clean off their door and then apply the oil-build or latex-build primers. The users can easily paint a wooden garage door at home by gathering the below-mentioned materials and then following the below-described procedure:
- Scraper, Caulk, Caulking Gun & Wood Filler
- Electric Sander, Sandpaper, Sanding Block & Degreasing Cleaner
- Mildewcide Cleaner, Water Hose, Drop Cloths, Masking Paper
- Masking Tape, Paint Sprayer, Primer, Paint Thinner
- Cardboard, Safety Glasses, Gloves & Mask
- Remove The Paint Flakes: Start by detaching all the paint flakes using the scraper and also detach the decayed wood areas by using the scraper as well. The users also need to spread the exterior caulk to the cracked area and to the seams by simply using the caulking gun. Then they need to fill up the decayed wood areas and all the wood holes by using the wood filler that in future can be sanded down easily. Then they need to allow the wood to get dried off completely.
- Sand Down The Wood Surface: Then they need to sand down the mended wood areas by using the fine-grit sandpaper or the electric sander as well. The users are advised to sand down the complete door surface if in case the door is having a lot of paint flakes. Then they need to use the small sandpaper sheet or the sanding block so as to sand down the small door areas where the electric sander cannot reach.
- Use The Cleaner: Then they need to use the degreasing cleaner so as to clean the mildew stains and after that, they need to rinse the wood door by using the garden hose. Then the users need to allow the door to get dried off completely.
- Cover The Ground And Door Areas: Then they need to cover the surface of the ground by using the drop cloths and then cover the door handles by using the painter's tape. The users also require to use the masking paper so as to cover up the walls and the window panes all around the door area. Then they need to fasten the masking paper by using the painter's tape.
- Apply The Primer: Then they need to fill up the sprayer of the paint with the primer and then hold up the gun at near about one foot away from the surface of the door. Then they need to apply the layer of the primer to the entire surface of the wooden door in the back and in the forth motion. Then they need to let the primer to get dried off completely.
- Clean Off The Spray Gun: The users then need to clean off the primer within the spray gun by using the water if the users have applied the latex-build primer and the paint thinner if they have applied the oil-based primer.
- Apply The Paint: Then after that the users need to fill up the sprayer again with the paint and then apply the paint to the entire surface of the wooden door in the back and in the forth motion. Then let the first coat of the paint to get dried off completely before applying the two more coats of the paint accordingly.