Step By Step Process Of Installation Of A Fiberglass Bathtub
A fiberglass bathtub is regarded as one of the various models of tubs that are available in the market. The fiberglass tubs are the molded bathtubs that can be easily fitted in the bathroom that will help to provide a contemporary look. The main thing about this type of bathtub is that the maintenance, as well as the care for fiberglass bathtubs, are very less compared to the acrylic. Easy step by step process for installing the fiberglass bathtub is as follows:
- Area Considerations: Before purchasing a fiberglass bathtub it is advisable to know the area of the space that is available in the bathroom for fixing the fiberglass bathtub. The user can go for larger or for the regular size bathtubs, this totally depends on the area available. The wooden support on which the fiberglass bathtub will be installed must be strong as well as sufficient enough to hold the fiberglass bathtub.
- Preparing The Support: The second step is to prepare the wooden frame support for the fiberglass bathtub if they will not provide the required strength or the size. If the user has added new wooden support, then it is important to make provisions for the plumbing as well to fit properly. It means that the support must have the provisions for the water inlet as well as for the water outlet facilities in the fiberglass bathtub.
- Set Waste Assembly: As per the instructions of the manufacturer assemble the component of a trip lever or of the waste assembly different manufacturers provide the instructions. However, make the connections lose for the repositioning purpose.
- Drain Assembly: Fit the rubber gasket on the back of the fiberglass bathtub exactly at the place where the trip lever will be. Fit the bottom of the drain assembly with the drainage hole of the fiberglass bathtub. Now the user needs to install the drain at the bottom of the tub. For this, apply a thin layer of the putty on the lower end of the drain flange and after that screw them tightly.
- Trip Lever Assembly: Now it is a time to add the trip lever assembly with the top hole in the fiberglass bathtub and then fasten them with the help of a screwdriver.
- Set The Tub: Place the fiberglass bathtub right on the supportive wooden frame and then check for the level as well as for the plumbing connections. Use the wooden shims to adjust the level of the tub if required.
- Diverter Assembly: Now right from the center of the back of bathtub, mark a spot for fixing of the diverter but mark a spot from a height that must be at least 1 inch above the tub’s top. Drill the holes from the back of the bathtub and then secure the copper diverter fitting in the diverter, fix the diverter at the back of the tub. With the help of a pipe join the diverter and the spout.
- Water Connection: Add the water supply lines on to the sides of diverter. If adding a shower riser, then it is important to add a pipe on to the diverter’s top. Secure a support block for supporting the shower riser between 2 wall studs. Tight all the connections as well as the fittings if the installation is perfect.