Methods To Take Spray Paint Off Wood Floors Without Sanding
There are a number of ways that are used to get the paint off from the wood floors and the methods are mentioned below:
Use Soap And Water On Water-Based Paint
- Check: First of all the user needs to check whether the paint is water based, it can be checked simply on the can of the paint.
- Solution: Prepare the solution of the few drop of dish soap to a damp paper towel and rub the paint stain. Continue the rubbing process for few minutes.
- Wipe: Now wipe the paint with the help of the dry rag, in case the paint is still dry than add more soap water to the stain using the paper towel.
- Dull Knife: After that scrape the remaining paint with the help of dull knife.
- Apply: Apply the paint remover with the help of the cotton ball on the stained area, but try not to apply to the unstained area.
- Soak: Let the remover soak on the stain for the recommended period of time mentioned on the product, usually leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wipe: Now wipe away the residue with the help of the rag or paper towel, in case the area is greasy or slippery, then clean it with mild soap and water.
- Blot: With the rag blot the Denatured Alcohol on the stain and let it soak into the paint stain for several minutes.
- Scrub Brush: Now use the scrub brush to scrub the area, so that the paint is off from the wooden floor.
- Wipe: Use a paper towel to wipe away any excess Denatured Alcohol, make sure that area of hardwood floor is dry once the work is finished.
- Buy: Buy the alcohol-based cleansing pads at the local drug store.
- Scrub: Simply Scrub the affected area using one of the cleansing pads. Rub the surface by applying the pressure with fingers. Use more pads until the stain is removed.
- Soak: Soak a small section of the cloth or rag in the paint thinner. The user can also use the mineral spirits.
- Rub: Now rub the area with the soaked part of cloth, Apply pressure to the rag while rubbing it back and forth over the stain. Continue the rubbing process until the staint is gone.