Two Easy Ways Of Cleaning Slate Patio
The slat patios are prone to accumulating the stains, dirt, as well as algae throughout the year. The users can also use the chemical cleaners or any other natural element so as to clean off their slat patios. The users can use the vinegar, pressure washer or the dish soap to clean off the slate patios. They can also use the bleach, cleaner, and the baking soda for the cleaning process. The users can easily clean their slate patios at home by following the below-defined ways:
Way I: Doing The General Cleaning
- Use The Soap Solution: Start by scrubbing the slate patios with the dish soap. The dish soap is best for basic cleaning. The users need to mix the few dishes of soap drops with the hot water within the large-sized bucket. Then they need to use the broom having the thick bristles in order to apply the solution to the entire slat patio area. The users are advised to push the broom all over the surface of the stone until the whole stone area is covered with soap suds. Then they need to rinse off the soap surface by using the clean water. The users are advised not to use the wire broom over the stone patio as it can easily scratch off the slate patio surface.
- Use The Vinegar: In order to clean off the hard dirt, the users can use the vinegar. They need to mix the white vinegar with the warm water in the spray bottle. The users need to shake the spray bottle well so that both of the ingredients are mixed properly and then apply the solution to the entire surface of the slatted patio and then allow the vinegar solution to sit over the slat patio stones for almost 30 minutes. Then they need to scrub it down by using the nylon brush and then mop down the entire area so as to get rid of the vinegar and the moisture respectively.
- Use The Pressure Washer: In order to remove the tough grime the users need to use the pressure washer. The users need to use the specific nozzle setting so that the water will get sprayed out in the fan manner rather than in a jetway. They need to stand a few feet apart from the slat patio stone so that the users won't break apart the stones or make it get flaked off. The pressure washer can only do the basic cleaning and can clean off the grime within the surface of the stone.
Way II: Getting Rid Of The Stains
- Use The Cleaner: Start by using the soft brush made up of the nylon and the basic cleaner so as to get rid of the stains. The users can apply the deck cleaner, stain remover, or the degreaser so as to detach the stain. They need to rub-down the stain by using the brush and they are advised to make immense pressure if they find out that the stain is not completely removed. Then rinse off the cleaner by using the clean water.
- Use The Oxygenated Bleach: The users can also use the oxygenated bleach to get rid of the stains. This kind of bleach usually consists of the sodium carbonate and the water so as to form the oxygen. The users need to mix the 4 scoops of the bleach and the hot water in the large-sized bucket. They directly apply the solution to the entire surface of the slate patios and then allow the solution to sit over the stone surface for near about 20 minutes. Then scrub down the slate patio surface by using the nylon brush and then rinse it down by using the clean water.
- Use The Simple Bleach: In order to get rid of the algae the users need to use the bleach as it can easily remove the stains or algae from the stone surface. The users need to mix the bleach and water in the can and then cover up the stone area with this solution. Allow the solution to sit over the stone surface for near about 15 minutes and then scrub it down by using the broom. Then rinse it down by using the clean water. The users are advised not to use the bleach that contains the chemicals or the added detergents as this kind of bleach does not easily clean off the dirt and can also form the clumps. The users are advised just to purchase the basic bleach.
- Use The Baking Soda: The users can also use the baking soda to detach the stains. The baking soda is having an abrasive structure that helps in detaching stains. The users can mix of the baking soda and the vinegar so as to form the paste. Then cover up the entire surface of the slate patios with this paste and then allow it to be there for few minutes. Then scrub off the paste by using the soft brush and then rinse it off with the clean water respectively.