Steps/ Items Needed To Clean Patio Cushions With Oxiclean
Patio furniture, also known as garden furniture or outdoor furniture, is a type of furniture specifically designed for outdoor use like garden and balcony. It is composed of weather-resistant materials like aluminum which is rust-proof. OxiClean is a product that is a kind of household cleaner. The OxiClean versatile stain remover is a laundry additive and also a spot stain remover.
- Garden Hose
- Large Spray Bottle
- Soft-Bristled Brush
- Mild Liquid Detergent
- Mix: This is your first step to clean patio furniture cushions with oxiclean, simply take 1/8 scoop of OxiClean and mix it with 2 cups of hot water in a large spray bottle.
- Remove: If your patio furniture has non-water-washable items like foam cushions and leather accessories then remove it to prevent any damage to it and let dry the furniture for few hours.
- Spray: Now, spray the patio cushions thoroughly with the created solution from your spray bottle. Wait for 10 to 20 minutes and in case the cushions has stains, wait full 30 minutes.
- Rinse: Now, take a garden hose and clean the debris and dirt as much as possible to clean your cushion completely.
Steps To Remove Mold From Outdoor Cushions
- Remove: First remove the cushions from your patio furniture then wipe the surface mold off the patio cushions by using a damp cloth. If the patio cushions have washable covers then remove the covers and launder it normally, but you have to add 1 cup of vinegar (white) to the water which is going to use. Follow the remaining steps if you have non washable cover.
- Spray Bottle: Take a clean spray bottle and pour undiluted vinegar (white) and spray it onto the back and front of your patio cushions. Allow the white vinegar to sit on the patio cushions for up to 10-20 minutes.
- Mix: Mix 3 cups of warm water with 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap then saturate a sponge in this mixture and scrub the front and back of your every cushion.
- Rinse: Rinse the patio cushions by wiping them with a clean cloth dampened with water (cool). Allow the cushions to dry for a few hours.
- Spray Again: Spray the patio cushions for one last time with the white vinegar. The vinegar will kill any remaining mold from your cushions. Allow the vinegar to air-dry on the cushions for 2-3 hours.