Coffee Table Vs Ottoman: Pros And Cons
Modified on 3/19/2020
Pros And Cons Of The Coffee TableThe coffee table is usually placed in the living room area where it adds great aesthetics to the living room and can also be used to store the books, remotes, magazines and the drinks as well. They are short in size and look amazing when they are placed in front of chairs or sofas. The coffee tables are usually crafted from the wood material but nowadays it is available in many styles and the textures a well. Here are some of the pros and cons of the coffee table:
- Easy To Clean: The coffee tables can be cleaned up easily as they are usually built from the hard materials and this indicates that the liquid spills can be wiped up easily without causing any damage to the table.
- Availability:The coffee tables usually are available in many size variations and they get easily blended with any decor of the living room areas.
- Formal Appearance: The coffee tables appear to be more formal in appearance than the ottomans.
- Storage Spaces: Many types of coffee tables are having different storage spaces and the users can easily store any item out there.
- Easy To Paint: The coffee tables that are crafted from the wooden material can easily be painted so as to match with other furnishing items in the living room areas.
- Lasts Longer: The coffee tables that are crafted from the high-grade materials will last for a longer period of time if maintained properly.
- Heavy: The coffee tables that are made from the metal or the wood material and consists of the glass top is heavier in weight and can also hurt the users if they run into them.
- Get Scratches: As most of the coffee tables are heavy if the users try to lift the coffee table it might result is hard scratches over the flooring.
- Unable To Store Heavy Things: If the coffee tables consist of the storage units but they won't be big enough to store the large items in it.
- Prone To Get Damaged: The coffee tables that consist of the glass top are prone to get the water rings and this can damage the finish of the coffee table.
Pros And Cons Of The OttomanThe ottomans are usually upholstered and are short in size. The ottoman does not consists of an arm or the back but still is also used for the seating purpose. The ottoman can also be placed near the sofas or the couch and can also be used to store many smaller items. Here are some of the pros and cons of the ottoman:
- Availability: The ottomans are also available in different style variations that can get mixed with any interior decor. The upholstery that the ottoman consists can also be changed easily if the users find out that it does not get matched with the interior decor of the living room.
- Store Things: The ottomans consist of the hidden storage unit that can be used to store numerous items like books, pillows, magazines, and the remotes as well.
- Light In Weight: The ottomans are light in weight and are soft as well, that is why it can be lifted easily and does not damage the floor as well.
- Classy Look:The leather ottomans appears to be classier and adds more charm and glam to any interior decor.
- Extra Seating: The ottomans can also be used for the seating purpose so that is why the users need to look for any extra chair in the living room areas.
- Hold The Weight: The ottoman is short in size but they can store any heavyweight easily because their legs are thick and the base of the ottoman is grounded.
- Needs To Reupholster: Within a span of time the upholstery of the ottoman shows the sign of the normal tear and the wear and the users then need to re-upholster their ottomans and then it can be a hectic procedure and the expensive as well.
- Upholstery Easily Catches Up The Stains: The upholstery of the ottomans can easily catch up the stains if the liquid spills are dropped over it and it can result in the damage of the ottoman upholstery.