WPC stands for Wood Plastic Composite. It is a mixed breed of thermoplastic and wood fiber. This type of wood is used for making the kitchen cabinets, garden furniture, office furniture, etc.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of WPC (Wood Plastic Composite)
The benefits of the WPC (Wood Plastic Composite) are as follows:
- Water Resistant: The wood plastic composite is highly water resistant as it is made from plastic and wood fiber. So this wood is best suitable for making outdoor furniture products.
- Easy To Maintain: The bugs does not attract with this wood and hence it is easy to clean and maintain the furniture products that are made from this wood.
- Durability: The best advantage of this wood is that it can be used for a long span of time as it is having a high durability.
- Available In Different Colors: This type of wood material is available in various colors and the users can choose the color according to their taste.
The drawbacks of the WPC (Wood Plastic Composite) are as under:
- Biological Degradation: The wood plastic composite gets affected by the UV radiations which results in weakening of this wood.
- Strength And Stiffness: This wood has low stiffness and also has low strength.