The hardwood floor is made of natural wood. The hardwood floor is used to give a different and perfect look to homes and shops. The durability of the hardwood floor is good than other wood flooring material and the life span of the wood floor is nearly 40- 80 years if cared properly. Chances of minor stains are possible if something spills on the hardwood floor like tea, coffee, juice, cold drink.
Methods And Steps To Clean Hardwood Floor
Here are the easy methods and steps to clean hardwood floor easily within a short period of time. Just follow the given steps and methods carefully.
Mopping With Vinegar And Water
- Sweep Or Vacuum: In order to clean the hardwood floor, the user can clean the hardwood floor with a vacuum cleaner or with a sweeper. Regular cleaning of the hardwood floor is a good way to keep dust and dirt away from the floor.
- Make A Solution: The hardwood floor can also cleaned by the homemade solution. Simply, mix the 120ml of vinegar (white) with 1 gallon of water in the water bucket. The user can also use 2-3 drops of essential oil in the homemade mixture.
- Mop: After making the homemade solution, start mopping the floor with a dipped mop on the hardwood floor. Work in directions of wood grains to cover the entire area, if the vinegar water is too dirty while cleaning the floor then change it for better cleaning.
- Spray Bottle: Use 3 tablespoons ( 14.786 mL) vinegar (white) with 16 ounces (473.176 mL) of warm water the fill it in a spray bottle.
- Microfiber Mop: Now, wet the microfiber mop with warm water until it gets damp fully, then spray the mixture on the wood floor and wipe it with a microfiber mop. Now, let the hardwood floor to dry.
- Too Wet: Remember, that too much water can damage the floor and dark wood stains will appear on the floor.
Using Other Cleaning Techniques
- Vinegar And A Cloth: Take water bowl, then pour vinegar and water in it. Take the clean rag cloth and rub the stained area on the hardwood floor and let the floor dry.
- Sponge: Spray a solution (white vinegar) on hardwood floor and rub the floor with a scrubbing sponge. Now wipe the floor with warm water and dry the hardwood floor completely.
- Steam Mop: 3 tablespoons of vinegar (white) with 16 ounces of distilled water and pour them in steam mopper. Now, use steam mopper on hardwood floor then clean the remaining moisture with a wet clean cloth.
Cleaning With Vinegar-Based Solutions
- Oil And Vinegar: Take 2 cups of (480 ml) of vinegar (white) with 2 cups of vegetable oil and mix them in spray bottle. Shake the spray bottle well. Now, spray enough solution on the hardwood floor and rub it with clean rag cloth.
- Cleansing Polish With Vinegar: Mix 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/3 cup of vinegar (white), 1.2l of hot water and 12 drops of essential oil in a bucket. Now polish the hardwood floor with this solution. Use a damp cloth for this process.
- Combine Soap With The Vinegar: Mix 30 ml of castile soap or plant-based, 30ml of vinegar (white) with 3.785l of warm water, also add 15 drops of essential oil in it. Rinse the floor with this solution and dry the floor with a rag or dry towel.