Many reasons cause the dark spots on the hardwood floors and some among them are mentioned below:
- Blue Or The Brown Stains: These type of stains usually occurs due to the fungal growth on the surface of the hardwood floors and the Fungal growth occurs when the hardwood floors come in regular contact with the water or any type of moisture. This type of stain is known as the Blue Or The Brown Stains because the colour depends upon the type of the fungus.
- Moisture Stains: The hardwood floors can certainly lose their finish when they get overexposed to the moisture. The moisture includes pet urine, pet faeces, or any other water-related stains.
- Chemical Stains: These type of stains occur when the users use the harsh cleaning products that consist of the bleach, ammonia, or any other type of the nail paint remover as well.
Solutions To Get Black Spots Out Of Wooden Floors
The users can easily Get Black Spots Out Of Wooden Floors by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Clean The Floor: Start by removing all the dirt, grime, dust, and the debris particles from the surface of the hardwood floor by using the vacuum or the soft brush.
- Make A Mixture: Make a mixture of the bleach and the water in a spray bottle. Shake well then spray bottle before applying it to the hardwood floor to remove the mildew accordingly. After applying this mixture if the users still find out some mildew on the surface of the hardwood floor then they have to use the mineral spirit and apply it directly over the affected area on the floor. Use the steel wool pad and rub it vigorously over the affected area until the mildew stain is completely removed from the Floor. Let the floor to dry completely.
- Use The White Vinegar: After that, use the white vinegar and pour a few drops of it to the soft cloth. Rub the damp cloth over the affected area on the floor and then let the floor to dry completely.
- Use The Oxalic Bleach: Use a very reactive bleach known as the oxalic bleach and they have to apply it directly to the spotted area on the floor. Once the dark spot is completely removed then they have to use the vinegar to neutralize the effect of the bleach on the hardwood floor.
- Rinse The Floor: Clean the hardwood floor by using the clean water and then they have to use a soft dry cloth to wipe away all the excess water from the floor.
- Apply The Wax: Once the hardwood floor is completely dried they have to apply a thin layer of the paste wax and they have to use another soft cloth to buff the paste wax on the hardwood floor until the wax is completely gone from the floor.