How to Waterproof the Wood in Bathroom
The users can easily waterproof the Wood in Bathroom by following the below-mentioned methods:
Using the Oils
- Clean The Wood: The users need to start by cleaning all the dust and the debris particles from the wood by using the soft brush or the soft cloth accordingly.
- Make A Mixture: Then they have to make a mixture of the turpentine oil and the apple cider vinegar in a metal container.
- Use The Sandpaper: After that, sandpaper and rub it gently over the surface of the wood to detach all the loose paint flakes and then use a soft cloth to wipe away all the dust accordingly.
- Apply The Oil Mixture: Pour the few drops of the mixture to a soft rag and then rub that rag over the entire surface of the wood item. Allow the first coat of the oil mixture to dry for near about half an hour and then they need to use another cloth to wipe away all the excess oil mixture from the wood surface. Use the 0000 steel wool and rub it gently over the wood surface and then apply two more layers of the oil mixture. Let the wood to dry for a few days before using it.
Using the Sealants
- Use The Sandpaper: In this method the user needs to start by using the sandpaper and rub it over the entire surface of the wood to detach all the old finish from the wood item. After that, use the soft cloth to wipe away all the dust from the wood surface accordingly.
- Apply The First Coat: Once the wood is completely cleaned apply the first coat of the water-based sealants to the wood surface by using the paintbrush. Let the wood to dry for near about 10- hours.
- Use The Sandpaper: Once the first coat is completely dried the users needs to again use the sandpaper and rub it gently over the wood surface to make a better adhesion for the second sealant coat.
- Apply The Second And Third Coat: Apply the second and the third coat of the sealant to the surface of the wood and then allow it to dry completely for a few days.