Remove Moisture from underneath Vinyl Flooring
The users can easily Remove Moisture from underneath Vinyl Flooring by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Gather All The Materials And The Tools: The users need to start by gathering all the tools and the materials that they require while performing this procedure like Plastic sheeting, Floor scraper, 1/4-inch plywood, fans, heater, and the Heat Gun as well.
- Check The Floor: They have to start by checking the signs of the moisture beneath the floor or on the sides of the joints and if they find out the Mold then it might be the problem of the condensation. After that, they have to place two or three fans ou their until the subfloor is completely dried.
- Water Dripping: If the users find the water dripping from the crawlspace then they have to dig outside the trench to sidetrack it accordingly.
- Use The Floor Scraper And The Plastic Sheet: If the vinyl flooring is glued down then they have to use the floor scraper and scrape off all the peeling flooring or else they can cover the flooring with a plastic sheet and then place the 1/4-inch plywood sheet over the entire area of the floor. After that, they can easily install the new vinyl flooring. The users are advised to apply the scrapping process when they find out that the subfloor is spongy.
- Use The Heat Gun: If the vinyl flooring is installed on a concrete floor and the moisture has damaged it then at that case they have to use the heat gun and apply the heat to the entire surface of the subfloor to lighten the adhesive on the vinyl plank floorings. After that, they have to detach the vinyl planks very carefully.
- Place The Fan In A Room: Once they have detached all the vinyl planks from the floor then they have to place the fan in the room for almost 2 or 3 days until the subfloor is completely dried.