Differences Between Vinyl Plank Flooring Glue Down And Floating
Below are given some of the differences between glue down vinyl plank flooring and floating vinyl plank flooring:
Glue Down Vinyl Plank Flooring
- Make Up: In the glue down vinyl flooring planks are attached with the subfloor with the help of glue or adhesive tape.
- Durability: Glue down plank floors are highly durable as the planks are glued with the subfloor. It is best suitable for high traffic areas.
- Room: These floors are best suitable for large rooms like bathroom, kitchen, etc.
- Installation: The installation of the glue down vinyl plank flooring is difficult. So, a trained professional is required for its installation.
- Replacement: If any portion or entire floor gets damaged then it is easy to replace that portion of the flooring with an ease.
- Cost: The cost of glue down vinyl flooring is less as compared to other floorings. It costs only 1.70$ per square foot.
Floating Vinyl Plank Flooring
- Make Up: In the floating vinyl plank flooring planks float on the subfloor and glue or adhesive tape is not used.
- Durability: Floating vinyl plank flooring is not much durable. If the taffic is high these planks can lift away from the floor as these are not attached with the glue on the subfloor.
- Room: These type of floors are not suitable for large rooms.
- Installation: The installation of floating vinyl plank flooring is easy and thus professional is not required to install the flooring.
- Replacement: Replacing the damaged flooring is a bit complicated.
- Cost: This type of flooring is expensive and the cost is about 2.99$ per square foot.