How To Reupholster The Chair Seat
The users can easily Reupholster The Chair Seat by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Place The Chair To the Upside Down: The users need to start by placing the chair towards its upside down to find out the exact seat position. The users then need to detach the seat by pulling out all the bolts and the screws that are beholding the seat to the wooden frame by using the screwdriver or the wrench accordingly.
- Detach All The Staples: Detach all the staples that are beholding the fabric to the back and the seat portion of the chair by using the staple remover. Drag out the old fabric and the foam batting from the chair. Save the old fabric to further use that fabric as the template respectively.
- Lay The New Fabric: The users then need to lay the new fabric on a flat surface face down and then place the saved old fabric template over the top of the new fabric. Draw the exact shape of the old fabric template on the new fabric by using the fabric pen. Cut the new fabric as per the traced measurements by using the sharp-edged scissors respectively.
- CutThe Batting: Place a portion of the batting on a flat surface and then the users need to place the new trimmed fabric on the top area of the batting. Trim the batting as per the exact measurements of the fabric by using the sharp-edged scissors respectively.
- Turn The Batting: Turn the batting to its upside area and the new fabric towards its face side downwards. Place the seat to the upside-down and then place the batting over the top side of the chair seat.
- Staple Down The Fabric: Surround the one portion of the fabric and the batting to the one side edge of the chair. Use the staple gun and Staple the fabric in every 2 inches spaces. Repeat the same procedure while stapling the batting and the new fabric to the other edge of the chair accordingly.
- Affix The fabric And Batting Together: Grasp the new fabric and the batting altogether on the other seat side of the chair by stapling them at the base of seat accordingly. The users then need to repeat the same procedure while stapling the one remaining side of the chair seat.
- Repeat The Same Procedure: Bend and fold together the new fabric and the batting to one edge of the seat by stapling near about 5 staples at that corner. Repeat the same procedure while folding together the new fabric and the batting to other edges of the seat accordingly.
- Cut The Excess Fabric And Batting: Trim all the excess new fabric and the batting from the seat of the chair by using the sharp scissors accordingly.
- Re-attach the seat: At last, re-attach the chair seat by affixing all the nuts, screws and the bolts as well.