The tulipwood is known as yellow poplar in United States of America and the scientific name of tulipwood is liriodendron tulipifera. The lifespan of the tulip tree is near about 300 years and is best for making wood items. The tulipWood is also found in some parts of China and on the Eastern side of North America as well.
The popular use of tulipwood is to make wood items, some of them is mentioned below:
- Musical instruments.
- Kitchen cabinets.
Advantages Of Tulipwood
Here are the advantages of tulipwood:
- Strength: The tulip wood has excellent strength and durability.
- Availability: Tulip wood is easily available in the market.
- Resistance: It is the medium water resistance wood.
- Weight: It is light in weight as compared to other wood such as pine and oak.
- Work: The user can easily use wood handsaw on tulip wood because it is not hard and is easy to work on.
Disadvantages Of Tulip Wood
Disadvantages of tulip wood:
- Weak Wood: It can easily be damaged in winter season.
- Susceptible: The other con is that it is susceptible wood for fungal diseases and insects.
- Weather: It cannot withstand to the hot and dry climates.