Transparent wood, also known as invisible wood, is one of the best construction materials that lift the construction sector to a whole new level. It is environmentally-friendly that is best alternative to glass and plastic. This wood is produced by compressing and treating wood strips. In this process of production, lignin is replaced by polymers to make this wood transparent. The transparent woods strength has the same strength as lumber but it is lighter in weight.
Advantages/Pros & Applications Of Transparent Wood
- The biggest advantage of transparent wood is that it is environmentally and biodegradable friendly as regular wood.
- Transparent wood also resembles with opaque lumber when it comes to the strength which is strong and durable wood.
- This wood do not have any impact like shatter and also a stronger material as compared to plastic glass.
- The transparent wood is better when it eliminates glare and light distribution.
- This wood also helps keep a building to remain at a more consistent temperature just because the transparent wood has low thermal conductivity.
- Smart Buildings.
- The windows made from transparent wood are heat protected windows.
- The transparent wood structure has smart windows, to save energy.
- Load-bearing windows that never shatter or crack.
- Transparent wood potentially transforms electronics, for example, it could be used to manufacture solar cells, especially for large surfaces.
- This wood also provide electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding by incorporating Magnetic nano particles into transparent wood.
- Transparent wood laser (entirely organic laser).