Thermofoil Cabinets are manufactured using MDF (medium-density fiberboard) with a vinyl shell cover. With time the shell becomes weak and breaks, and the shell gets separated from the medium-density fiberboard which results in the peeling of the cabinet at corners.
Steps To Repair The Thermofoil Cabinets
The Thermofoil cabinets can be repaired by following the below-given steps:
- Gather All Tools And Material: The first step is to collect all the material and tools that are needed to repair the Thermofoil cabinets like Disposable brush, Scrap wood, Contact cement, rags, etc.
- Pull The Thermofoil Layer Back: Next step is to carefully remove away the peeling Thermofoil from the medium-density fiberboard cabinet.
- Scrape Away Dried Cement: Then sweep away the dry cement from the surface of the medium-density fiberboard.
- Apply The Contact Cement: Now take a disposable brush and start to apply contact cement on the top side of the medium-density fiberboard and at the backside of the Thermofoil.
- Do Not Immediately Press: Then the users need to wait before pressing the two surfaces together. Wait for at least 15 minutes otherwise the surfaces will not stick with one another.
- Press Together And Secure: Now hold the two surfaces together and wait for 60 minutes.
- Clean Up: Last step is to take away the extra contact cement from the cabinet surface with the help of fingers and remove the residue.