Different Ways To Get Rid Of Termites In Antique Furniture
There are many ways by which the users can remove the termites from the antique furniture. Some of the ways are mentioned below:
- Expose To Sunlight: The first way to get rid of termites from the antique furniture is by placing the furniture product in the sunlight for about three days. The termites cannot resist the heat and hence the termites die. Sunlight also helps to keep the furniture free from moisture.
- Make A Cardboard Trap: Another way to remove the termites from the antique furniture is by using the cardboard trap. The cardboard is built from the woody smell and cellulose which the termites cannot bear. Take water and moisten the cardboard then place the cardboard in the affected area. After some time the termites attract towards the cardboard and then remove the termites from the antique furniture.
- Spray Boric Acid: The users need to prepare a solution by combining the borax powder and water. Then spray the solution on the affected area of the antique furniture.
- Use Parasitic Nematodes: Nematodes are the worms that can be used to kill the termites from the antique furniture within two days.
- Oil Treatments: Termites can also be removed from the furniture by using neem and orange oil. Apply these oils on the affected area of the furniture repeatedly to remove the termites from the antique furniture.