Stripping of the wax or paint from the wooden surfaces can be done using chemical strippers easily but doing so may harm the furniture surfaces. Hence, stripping the wax or paint from the furniture piece can also be done using the natural and homemade strippers like vinegar. The vinegar is the natural and powerful way to eliminate the old wax from the wooden furniture without harming it.
Easy Steps To Strip Wood Floors With Vinegar
Easy steps to strip the wood floors with vinegar are mentioned below.
- Prepare Solution: Add one cup of the vinegar with the one gallon of the warm water to prepare the solution. Mix one of cream of tartar in it as well to create the blend.
- Mopping: Mop the entire floor with the solution dipped cloth and wait for a while till the wax become soft.
- Scrubbing: Follow up by the smooth scrubbing using the scrub brush into the circular direction. If the wax is hard to remove than try to scrub it using the ultra-fine steel wool pad.
- Rinsing: Rinse the floor with the help of clean water in order to remove entire leftover.
Alternatively, old wax can be stripped using the vinegar as well.
- Prepare Solution: Prepare a solution by adding one cup of both laundry detergent and ammonia in the one gallon of the warm water bucket.
- Mopping: Solution dipped mopping should be applied to the entire floor. Allow the solution to sit over the floor.
- Scrubbing: The scrubbing of the floor with the help of the stiff brush is recommended to follow in circle motions.
- Rinsing: Rinse the floor with the help of the pad dipped in the freshwater to remove all the cleaning leftover.