Pros And Cons Of Strand Woven Bamboo Flooring
There are many advantages of strand woven bamboo flooring. Some of the advantages are mentioned below:
- Water Resistant: The bamboo flooring is moderately water resistant as compared to other hardwood flooring materials and is less prone to warping.
- Durability: The strand woven bamboo flooring is highly durable and strong. The natural bamboo is correctly produced and harvested that makes it strong and durable.
- Easy Maintenance: The maintenance of bamboo flooring is easy. The dirt and debris particles can be removed from the strand woven bamboo floor surface by regularly sweeping or vacuuming.
- Refinishing: If there exists scratches on the bamboo floor with the span of time then these scratches can be fixed by sanding the floor surface and then applying new finish on the floor surface.
The disadvantages of strand woven bamboo flooring are given below:
- Scratches: The bamboo floors are cleaned regularly for its proper maintenance, so it is impossible to keep the scratches away from the floor. Removing the dirt and debris particles from the floor surface may lead to scratches on the bamboo floor.
- Humidity: The humidity has a great effect on the installation of planks. The installation of flooring in humid areas results in plumping of the planks and in the dry area the planks shrink. In both environments the planks get cracked.
- Lack Of Hardness: As the strand woven bamboo flooring planks are harder but the darker planks are softer.