Pros And Cons Of Steel Tub
The steel tubs are one of the most affordable kinds of tubs which are also known as porcelain on steel or enameled steel. The steel tubs are usually made from the thin sheeting of steel and then is covered with the porcelain enamel. These kinds of tubs are less costly than the rest of other tubs and the users won't have to compromise with the durability of the tubs. Here are some of the pros and cons of using the Steel Tub:
- Lightweighted: The steel tubs are less weighted and thus it can be transferred easily from one place to another without asking for help from another person.
- Availability: These kinds of tubs are available in standard size dimensions and the users can easily choose the tub size as per their choice and requirements.
- Durable: These kinds of tubs are extremely durable than the rest of other tubs.
- Less Maintenance: The steel tubs are having the porcelain finish that makes it easier for the users to clean it off easily without facing any difficulty. These kinds of tubs can last for many years if maintained properly.
- Less Costly: These kinds of tubs are less expensive then the rest of other types of tubs and if in case the users are on tight budget then this kind of tub is ideal to get used.
- Prone To Damage: The steel tubs are more prone to get damaged because of the rust and the chip if in case its enamel finish is ripped off.
- Retention: These kinds of tubs are having the less retention towards the heat unlike the other tubs that are made up of the acrylic material.
- Noisy: If the steel tubs are not insulated properly then it will make the noise when the users use these tubs.
Pros And Cons Of Cast Iron Tub
The cast iron tubs are usually crafted by pouring down the melted liquid iron so that once the liquid iron gets cooled down will take the shape of the tub. The cast iron tubs add an attractive look to any area where ever it is placed. Here are some of the pros and cons of using the Cast Iron tubs:
- Availability: The cast iron tubs are usually available in many color finishes and the size dimensions and the users can easily choose the tubs as per their choice and requirement. The users can also get their customized tub easily.
- Durable: These kinds of tubs are very durable in nature and will easily last for a longer period of time if the users tend to maintain it properly.
- Resistance: The cast iron tubs are having the natural resistance towards the chemical and that is why it won't get damaged with any kind of scratches and dents. These kinds of tubs usually have resistance towards the chip and the scratches as well.
- Refinishing Or Re-Painting Process: If desired the users can also refinish or restain the surface of the cast iron tub.
- Prone To Damage: If in case the enamel layer of the cast iron tub gets chipped or cracked off then these tubs get easily affected by the rust.
- Costly: These kinds of tubs are very expensive than the tubs that are made up of the acrylic. These kinds of tubs also require extra installation charges.
- Heavy Weighted: The Cast Iron tubs are very heavy weighted and that is why the users may require the help of another person while moving it.