Spray Painting Wood Furniture: Steps To Spray Paint
- Spray Painting Wood Furniture
Modified on 7/16/2019
Steps To Spray Paint FurnitureHere are some of the steps by which the customers can easily Spray Paint their Furniture:
Step 1: Clean and Sand the Wood Furniture1. Use The Drop cloth: The customers need to start by placing a drop cloth beneath the wood furniture item in order to protect the floor from the liquid spills and the dust as well. The customers also need to wear the mouth mask in order to protect themselves from breathing in the harmful chemicals.
2. Remove The Hardware: The customers need to unbind all the metal hardware like hinges, knobs and the screws from the furniture item by using the screwdriver.
3. Make A Soap Solution: The customers then need to make a solution of the liquid soap and the water in a large bucket. They then need to continuously stir the solution until the soap is completely dissolved in the water. The customers then need to use a soft cloth and soak it into the solution and then rub the cloth over the entire surface of the wood furniture. After that allow the wood furniture to dry completely for near about three hours.
4. Use The Sandpaper: Once the wood furniture is completely dried the customers then need to use the sandpaper and rub it vigorously over the entire surface of the wood item in order to create a rough finish so that the paint and the primer will get easily sticked to it.
5. Use A Soft Damp Cloth: The customers then need to clean all the dust and debris particles from the furniture item by using the soft damp cloth.
Step 2: Apply the Wood Primer and the Paint1. Apply The Spray Primer: The customers need to use the spray universal primer and apply it to the entire surface of the wood furniture item. They then need to allow the primer to dry completely for near about twenty minutes.
2.Apply the Spray Paint: Once the primer coat is completely dried the customers need to apply a thin layer of the spray paint to the entire surface of the wood furniture item. The customers need to let the paint to dry completely for near about three hours.
3. Apply The Sealant Coat: Once the paint coat is dried the customers then need to apply a layer of the Polycrylic sealant in order to protect the furniture item from the scratches. The customers finally need to let the sealant dry completely before applying another layer of the spray paint.