The Sapele wood belongs to the mahogany family. This type of wood grows in the tropical Africa and its size dimensions are about 45m feet long and 10m in diameter. It is also available in deciduous and evergreen forests.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Sapele Wood
The benefits of the sapele wood are given below:
- Durability: The sapele wood has a great durability so the sapele wood furniture can last for a longer time.
- Appearance: The appearance of this type of wood furniture products is natural and shiny.
- Stable: This wood is stable because it has straight grained boles.
- Use: Due to its long lasting durability the sapele wood is used for making the cabinets and furniture.
- Cost: Apart from all the above mentioned advantages, the sapele wood fits to the budget of the each user.
The disadvantages of the sapele wood are as follows:
- Sustainability: The cedar wood has become vulnerable. Due to mass cutting down of sapele tree the environment is hitting badly.
- Workability: This wood is not safe to use under the machine operation because it has interlocked grains that tear out during the work operation. As a result the pace of the work slows down and thus most of the work is done manually.