Some of the important characteristics of the rubberwood are mentioned below:
- Cost: The rubberwood is available in the market at an affordable price as it is a tropical timber.
- Weight: It is easy to carry the rubberwood as it is light in weight. Many features of the rubberwood resemble with the teak wood.
- Color: The color of the rubberwood is whitish and with time the color of rubberwood fades to light brown.
- Grain & Texture: The rubberwood is medium-textured and it has straight grains.
- Use: It is most suitable for timber projects and woodworking.
- Environment-Friendly: It is considered as environment-friendly and does not release any toxic gas in the environment.
Solid wood is considered as one of the best material for manufacturing wood furniture products.
- Flexible: This type of wood is flexible and can be maintained easily if there occurs any damage.Solid hardwood can be sanded many times.
- Classification: Solid wood is classified as hardwood and softwood.
- Durable: The solid hardwood is highly durable and it is best to use the solid hardwood in living areas and avoid it from the moisture areas.
- Obtained: Hardwood is obtained from oak, walnut, and maple while as the softwood is obtained from the conifers like pine.
- Resistant:The hardwood is more resistant to fire and the softwood is less resistant to fire.