The Hevea brasiliensis (Para rubber tree) tree is the main source of rubber wood. When the tree reaches about 28-30 years of age, so it is not able to produces the materials for rubber, that time it is cutted down for making rubber wood. The rubber wood is also famous as Para wood or plantation hardwood and rubber wood is environmentally friendly wood. The rubber wood is not actually rubbery, it's a solid type of wood used for making the different types of furniture like chair, table, sofas, etc. The rubber wood comes from brazil or asia.
Rubber Wood Advantages And Disadvantages
- Durability: The rubber wood is durable than the other wood.
- Lifespan: The lifespan of the rubber wood is about 28-30 years if cared properly.
- Cost: The rubber wood furniture is less expensive than the other wood materials. So, the user can easily afford the rubber wood based furniture.
- Warping: The chances of shrinkage and warping are less than the other wood materials.
- Texture: The main disadvantages of rubber wood is, it does not have the unique wood grain than the other woods.
- Rough: The rubber wood is slippery, loose, rough, and poor and not easy to work with this types of woods.
- Allergies: The users may face allergies while working with rubber wood.