How to Reupholster A Dining Chair With Leather?
The steps to Reupholster Dining Chair With Leather are mentioned below:
- Remove: Begin with the removing of existing upholstery by pulling out all the tacks and staples with the help of needle-nose pliers. Then gently pull back the cover from the Dining Chair.
- Old Batting: Once the existing upholstery is removed, now remove the old batting from the cushions, arms as well as from the back of the chair. Then at the same time Insert new batting into the cushions, arms, and back. Inorder to secure the batting use the rubber mallet to hammer.
- New Leather Fabric: Now lay down the old leather on the top of the new one to mark the section but cut the new fabric little bit more like 2 or 3 inches.
- Tuck: Now its time to position the fabric on the back of the chair and tuck from all sides tightly staple the fabric, similarly position the fabric over the seat of the chair, and carefully Tuck the fabric under the seat until it is tightly taut against the frame.
- Arm: Now drape the fabric over the arm of the chair, carefully fold the back of the fabric and then cut a slit in the middle of the fold. In order to cover any exposed area wrap the loose ends.