Wrought Iron is very much prone to the rust especially when left outdoors in contact with the moisture. Thus, it is very important to take care of the wrought iron pieces and maintaining them properly.
How To Rust Off/Clean The Cast Wrought Iron Furniture?
Cleaning and rust off the wrought iron require certain steps to follow and these are mentioned below:
- Remove The Rust: Take the dry wire brush and start scrubbing the wrought iron to remove all the rust and follow up by cleaning it with the paintbrush to remove all types of the tiny residue.
- Sanding: Use sanding paper to eliminate all the dust and all other tiny particles with medium grit sandpaper.
- Solution: Get the commercial rust remover from the market and mix it with the water to prepare a solution. Make sure to do it according to the instructions labeled.
- Scrub: Use wire brush dipped into the solution to clean all the rust on the furniture piece. The user must make sure the surface is cleaned properly.
- Steel Wool: The paintbrush is required to rust off to make the wrought iron piece clean and follow up by cleaning with the steel wool into the circular motion to get its shape back.
- Sponge: Dip the sponge into the clean water and wipe the furniture piece with it.
- Dry It: Let the furniture to dry completely.
- Rust Resistant Primer: Apply the rust-resistant primer to the furniture piece and let it dry completely.
- Rust Resistant Paint: Apply the rust-resistant paint over the furniture minimum two coats of the paint needs to be applied.