Easy Steps For Restoring Painted Furniture
Here are the easy and quickest steps to restore the painted furniture:
- Clean: In order to restore the painted furniture, first clean the furniture with homemade solution. Simply, mix dish detergent with a large amount of water in a bucket. Use a sponge to clean the painted furniture.
- Scrape: First, determine the paint from the old finish then scrape the furniture with a putty knife or scraping tool to shave off a small patch of the finish.
- Seal: Now, seal or stain the old painted furniture with best sealer or stainer made for wood furniture. Use a medium grade paintbrush to seal the wooden furniture, use a thin paintbrush for the corners and the inside area of wooden furniture.
- Paint: Now, paint the wooden furniture with matching paint, simply use paintbrush or paint sprayer to paint the wooden furniture. Allow the wooden furniture to dry completely for 10-12 hours.
- Sand: In order to sand the wooden furniture, use 60 grit sandpaper or hand-held sanding machine to sand the wooden furniture. Clean sawdust which results after sanding, use a clean cloth to wipe the dust from the wooden furniture.