Easy Way To Replace Carpet With Laminate Flooring
In order to replace the carpet with laminate flooring, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- Remove: Remove the carpet after removing the baseboards from the perimeter of each area. After that pull the carpet from the tack strips and carefully roll it.
- Tack Strip Removal: Now the user needs to remove the tack strip carefully as the tacks are very sharp, so it is important to wear gloves before removing the tack strips, simply pry each strip with the flat-head screwdriver.
- Under Padding: It is much more difficult to remove than the carpeting and is usually stapled to the floor, try to remove it with the help of the hand as much as possible and pull out the staples with the flathead screwdriver.
- Clean: Once the carpet is removed the next step is to clean the area with the help of the vacuum cleaner and look for any staple that may be left behind.
- Level: Before installing the laminate flooring it is very important to check the floor for level, in case of any up and down fill the spots with the floor level compound.
- Sanding: Now the user needs to sand the floor with the 120 grit sandpaper using the pad sander or orbit flooring sander. Once the sanding is done then vacuum again to remove the sanding dust from the floor, because if anything is left behind then that can cause the flooring to bulges.
- Moisture Barrier: This is regarded as one of the important step before installing the laminate flooring. There are a number of the moisture barrier like 6-mil plastic. The user can also use the foam paper or resin.
- Install: Now its time to install the laminate flooring, start from the wall and then work away to another side. For the installation, the user will need a tapping block, pull bar, hammer, measuring tape, circular saw and jigsaw.