Steps To Replace Lawn/Outdoor Chair Vinyl Straps
The steps are mentioned below to replace the vinyl straps in the lawn chairs:
Step 1: Removing The Old Straps
- Remove The Old Straps: Firstly the users need to take a scissor and cut the old strap and remove fasteners from the chair.
- Clean The Chair Frame: After removing the straps, clean the dust residue from the frame of the chair.
Step 2: Preparing The New Straps
- Measure The Frame: Take a cloth measuring tape and measure the chair frame. Wrap the tape with the chair frame from one end to other end like a strap.
- Calculate The Strap Length: Then determine the length of the straps and multiply (.85) means 85% with the determined length.
- Cut The Vinyl Straps: Take a measuring tape and scissor and cut the required number of straps as per the determined length.
- Drill Holes: Take an electric drill and make holes in the middle of the strap and at the both ends of the strap.
- Trim The Corners: After drilling and cutting all the straps, cut off the strap at the corners.
Step 3: Softening The Vinyl Strap
- Heat The Vinyl Strap: Take a large pot and pour water in it. Apply heat to the pot and when the water boils insert the straps into the water and leave the straps in the water for about two minutes. Then take a heat gun and move it on the strap for about thirty seconds.
- Insert The Fastener: Now the users need to wear the gloves and with the help of tongs remove the strap from the hot water and make it dry with the help of a towel. Then put the fasteners at the ends of the straps.
Step 4: Attaching To The Frame
- Attach The Fastener: Next step is to attach the fastener with the frame. In the hole of the chair frame insert rivet in it and wrap the strap from outside of the frame.
- Pull The Strap: Then pull the strap to the other end and stretch the strap up to the opposite side of the frame.
- Wrap The Strap: Now hold the strap tightly with the thumb pressure and insert the rivet into the frame with other hand and leave the strap. The strap shrinks after cooling.
- Repeat For Each Strap: Then repeat the same process for attaching the other straps with the chair frame.