Simplest Way To Remove Rug Backing Residue From Hardwood Floors
The Simplest way to Remove Rug Backing Residue From Hardwood Floors are as follows:
- Plastic Scraper: The first step is to scrape the residue as much as possible with the help of plastic scraper but don't scrape vigorously as it can damage the flooring. The plastic scraper works best for this job.
- Solvent: Now the user needs to buy the solvent like mineral spirit, in case the mineral spirit does not work then go for the denatured alcohol next.
- Test: Before applying the solvent it is very important to test it on an inconspicuous area for any negative effects like check for any haze in the existing finish. In case there are no negative effects then proceed with the process.
- Apply: The next step is to apply the solvent that will soften the residue, apply the solvent to the affected area and leave it for about 15 minutes after that remove the residue with the help of the plastic scraper or credit card edge. Don't leave the solvent to soak for more time as it evaporates and the residue will reharden again.
- Clean: After applying the solvent, then clean the area with the cloth or rag or a towel. The safe solvent can also help in restoring the floor's luster.