Easy Steps For Refinishing Wrought Iron Furniture
The users can easily refinish their wrought iron furniture by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Gather All The Materials And Tools: The users need to start by gathering all the tools and the materials that they require while performing this procedure like Paint scraper, rust remover, Wire brush, primer, paint, sandpaper, and the paintbrush.
- Use The Wire Brush: Use the wire brush and rub it over the entire surface of the Iron Furniture item to detach all the loose paint flakes. They have to keep on rubbing the iron item with the wire brush until the iron item is free from all the paint flakes accordingly.
- Use The Chemical Rust Remover: Once the iron furniture item is free from all the paint flakes then apply the chemical rust remover to the entire surface of the iron furniture product. After that, they have to wait until the chemical remover is dried completely and then use the medium grit sandpaper and rub it over the entire surface of the furniture item to wipe away the entire rust remover from the iron furniture respectively.
- Apply The Primer: Then users have to apply a layer of the rust-resistant primer to the iron furniture item by using the paintbrush and then allow the primer to dry completely before applying the one more coat of the primer
- Apply The Paint: Once the primer is completely dried than apply the oil-based paint to the iron furniture item and then allow it to dry completely before using that iron furniture product.