How Can I Refinish My Acacia Wood Furniture?
Follow these steps for refinishing:
- First remove surface debris from it and then clean it with a soft-bristle brush and soapy water. You can leave it after that till it gets dry or else you can rinse water from it with soft cloth.
- Use fine-grain sandpaper on untreated wood and then rinse the dust of sanding from it and let it dry.
- Then apply teak oil with a cloth in an open space and leave it for 24 hours so that it can absorb the oil and then you can apply sealants on it. You need to rub the teak oil into the wood grains from top to bottom.
- Then you need to apply teak sealant to the untreated teak with which you can increase the life of your furniture and let sealant dry for 24-48 hours before using your furniture.
- Also, during winter take your furniture inside and if not possible then use vinyl covers on it.