The redwood material is costly because this wood is present only in the California coastline. But still there are certain conditions that has attracted and increased the demand of the redwood despite being costly.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Redwood
The advantages of the redwood are as follows:
- Elegant: The redwood appears to be stylish and graceful. It is a good quality wood material that can be used for a long time.
- Durable: This wood material has a high durability and is best known for its resistivity. This wood contains natural chemical that helps to resist the natural wear and tear and also resists weather conditions. With time the redwood attains hue that makes the wood attractive.
- Light: The redwood is light in weight and can be easily moved from one place to another.
- Ideal For Outdoor Use: Because of its tough nature the redwood can withstand any harsh climate and that is why it is ideal to get used in the outdoor areas.
The disadvantages of the redwood are as below:
- Endangered: As per the ecological aspect the redwood has become endangered species because of its high demand in the wood market.
- Maintenance: For the long lasting durability of the redwood it is important to varnish and clean the wood periodically.