Advantages And Disadvantages Of Ramin Wood
The advantages of ramin wood are given below:
- Color: The color of ramin wood appears to be pale yellow and grayish. The ramin wood is vulnerable to fungal staining and spalting.
- Workability: The ramin wood material have good working attributes and can handle both machine and hand tools. This wood does not break while performing any operation on it.
- Grain And Texture: This type of wood has a parallel and straight grain that helps to easily work on the wood. The texture of this wood is fine with less glossy surface.
The disadvantages are mentioned below:
- Odor: Most of the wood materials are identified with the smell of the wood. The ramin wood has a strong bad smell for the interval until it is green and the smell reduces with the end of the season.
- Toxic: The ramin wood material is toxic in nature. It causes irritation to skin and eyes and also causes the symptoms of asthma.
- Sustainability: This wood material is considered as vulnerable.
- Rot Resistance: This type of wood is non durable and hence does not last for longer time. This wood can be rotted easily by the insects.
- Availability: The ramin wood is treated as an endangered species so its availability is made with in the southeast Asia.