Advantages And Disadvantages Of Radiata Pine Wood
Here are advantages of the radiata pine wood:
- Cost: The radiata pine wood is very cheap as compared to other wood such as acacia or oak.
- Work: The user can easily use handsaw or other tool on pine wood because it is not too much hard.
- Natural Wood: It is natural wood and more durable, strong as compared to manmade wood such as engineered wood.
- Fast Growing: The Radiata Pine is one of the fastest growing tree. So it will not impact the environment.
- Life: The lifespan of radiata pine wood is nearly 80-90 years and the lifespan of the pine furniture is 25-30 years.
- Resists: The radiata wood is resists to swelling and shrinking.
- Weight: It is reported as light weighted wood.
Here are disadvantages of radiata pine wood:
- Damage: The strength of radiata pine wood is medium as a result chances of damage is very high.
- Aesthetic: It is less aesthetic as compared to other timbers.
- Knots: It has lots of knots on the surface of the radiata pine wood, which some of the user's didn't like.
- Resistance: It is reported as medium resistance for water and incest such as termites.
- Susceptible: It is more susceptible to dents and scratches and also the maintenance of radiata pine wood is too high.