Pros And Cons Of Vinyl Plank Flooring
Vinyl Plank Flooring is one of the best floorings used having numerous advantages and few disadvantages and both the advantages & disadvantages are mentioned below:
There are many advantages of the vinyl plank flooring that are mentioned below:
- Water Resistant: The vinyl plank flooring is purely waterproof and thus resists moisture. It suits best for the wet areas like bathrooms and kitchen floors.
- Cost Effective: Vinyl plank flooring is available in the market at affordable rates. It has low cost as compared to solid hardwood floor.
- Different Sizes And Texture: Vinyl flooring is available in different designs, size, and texture. The designs that are available for vinyl flooring include silver bam wood, marble, mahogany, etc.
- Durability: The durability of vinyl plank flooring is long lasting and any damage on the floor does not affect the beauty of the vinyl plank flooring.
- Comfortable And Warm: The vinyl floors match with the temperature of the surrounding. These type of floors are warm and comfortable.
- Easy To Clean And Maintain: These floors can be easily cleaned by washing the floor surface with soap and water.
- Easy Installation: These floors are easy to install for which the customer does not need to hire any professional. The planks have click and lock prefitted which helps in the easy installation.
Few disadvantages are mentioned below:
- Health Risks: The poor quality vinyl floors releases volatile organic compounds that are harmful for humans and cause respiratory issues.
- Fade In Sun: If the vinyl plank floors come in direct contact with the sunlight, the floors may fade away.
- Difficult To Uninstall: During the installation of the vinyl flooring if the customer uses glue to fix the flooring then it is very difficult to uninstall the flooring.
- Sharp Objects: As the vinyl floor is scratch resistant but the use of sharp objects can collapse the floor.
- Not Biodegradable: It is difficult to recycle the vinyl floors as it is non-biodegradable.
- Dent: If the heavy objects are placed on top of the floor surface then it can cause the floor to dent.