Polyester is a fabric or textile, which is made using polyester yarns or fibers. It is also known as a synthetic, man-made polymer. It is made from mixing the ethylene glycol and terephthalic acid, basically, polyester is a kind of plastic. The fibers that are used to create Polyester are very strong yet light in weight, the fibers can easily be dyed in a different color.
Polyester Sofa Advantages And Disadvantages
Some of the advantages/Pros Of Polyester Sofa are mentioned below:
- Non-hygroscopic: This pro of the polyter fabric maeans it will always dry quickly and will also never loose its insulation properties for very long time.
- Durable: It is very durable material as it can withstand to abrasion, discoloration, and stains.
- Easy To Clean: It can be easily cleaned with a heavy chemicals and abrasive material.
- Attractive: The polyester couch looks like the costly leather furniture, polyster fabric also comes in different colors and patterns.
- Slightly Breathable: The polyester fabric is slightly breathable means it will not stench like the breathable material.
In addition to advantages, Polyester Couch also has few limitations as listed below:
- Flammable: It will catch fire more easily if not treated with the ignifuge additive.
- Cracking: One of the major con is that it will crack if exposed to different temperatures.
- Prone To Stretch: Polyester are tensile which means it will stretch with the span of time.