Pros And Cons Of Platform Bed
The platform beds are specifically sued to offer extra support to the mattress and to the body. The platform bed mainly consists of the raised horizontal bed frame and is also having a low profile design. The platform beds even come with the foot and the headboard however if the user wishes they can purchase their platform bed without the foot and headboard. This kind of bed is ideal for those people who are dealing with the back and knee issue. Here are some of the pros and cons of using the platform bed slats:
- Availability: The platform beds are usually available in many different styles and each different styled bed can be purchased easily in the market. The users can easily purchase their platform bed as per requirements.
- Support Memory Foam: Placing the mattress over the platform bed surface is an easy task and mainly the users are advised to use the foam mattress instead of using the normally designed mattresses. As the platform bed consists of the sturdy surface and by placing the memory foam over it the mattress will get the extra support and that can increase the mattress life.
- Good Air Ventilation: In order to increase the mattress life it is necessary to have the ideal air circulation. The platform beds are having enough distance within its slats and that is necessary for the great air circulation.
- Under Storage Space: The platform beds are ideal to get used in those rooms that lack in the storage as the users can easily store their unneeded clothes or other stuff beneath the platform bed as these beds consist of the underdrawers and the users can easily pull them.
- Less Costly: The platform beds are less expensive than the rest of other traditional beds.
- Side Sleepers: The platform beds can be harmful to those persons who are having the side sleeping habit. The moment they will be out of the platform bed they will feel the pain as the mattress is having the immense firmness. If in case the users are using this kind of bed then they are advised to sleep on their back and to adjust the bed height they can also use the box spring.
- Difficult To Move: These kinds of beds are having a low profile and that is why it is a bit difficult to move these beds.
- Mess Beneath The Bed: Usually the persons don't feel good to show off their messy room but if they are using these kinds of bed slats, then it won't be possible for them to hide up their mess that is placed beneath the bed.
Pros And Cons Of Solid Platform Bed
These kinds of beds usually come up with the extra storage and are having adjustable designs as well. Usually these kinds of beds are having a flat surface that can easily spread out and will bed used for the extra sitting surface. Here are some of the pros and cons of using the solid platform bed:
- Accomodates The Mattress: The solid platform beds can easily accommodate the mattress of any size rather than the platform beds that specifically require the foam mattress.
- Extend The Mattress: For the perfect designs the solid platform beds can also extend the mattress corners rather than any other traditional styled beds.
- Availablility: The solid platform beds are available in many different styles and each different styled bed can be purchased easily in the market as per their need and choice as well.
- Under Storage Space: These kinds of beds are having the extra storage beneath the bed space that can be used to store up the old clothes or other necessities.
- Promotes The Growth Of Mold And Mildew: The mattress placed over these beds can end up in having the bad circulation and it will easily soak up the body moisture and will result up in promoting the growth of the mildew or the mold.
- Does Not Distribute The Weight: The solid platform beds are having the flat surface that it does not evenly distribute the body weight and the pressure as well and because of this problem the mattress will feel more soft and firm or bad supported and specifically if the users are having the heavyweight.