Steps To Repair The Patio Swivel Rocker Chair
The users can easily repair the Patio Swivel Rocker Chair by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Gather All The Materials And Tools: The users need to start by gathering all the tools and the materials that they require while performing this procedure like Gas (lift) adjustable height cylinder, Wood glue, Dowel pins, Large pipe wrench, Clamps, screwdrivers, wrench, and the thrust washers as well.
- Examine The Exact Problem: If the users find out that the chair seat gets up and down easily even when it is not used then the chair is having the gas mechanisms problem. If they find out some weird noises coming out from the chair then the gas cylinder of the chair is affected. The users also need to check keenly whether the springs and the other ball bearings of the chair are working or not as this can also be the problem by which the swivel chair is not working properly.
- Replace The Glass Cylinder: Start the procedure by fixing the gas cylinder and for that, they have to place the swivel chair on a flat surface. After that, they have to detach the base along with the caster by easily removing the washer and the chip that is located at the base of the chair. Then they have to use the pipe wrench to easily detach the glass cylinder from the base of the chair by twisting the back of the adjustable wrench in the back and the forth motion accordingly. Once they removed the glass cylinder then they have to attach the new glass cylinder to the base of the chair respectively.
- Replace The Washers: To replace the damaged mechanisms of the chair they have to again use the wrench to detach the base of the chair along with the casters to easily reach to the washers. Once they detached the damaged washers then they have to affix the new one and then re-assemble the chair accordingly.
- Fix Up The Broken Parts: To fix up the broken parts of the chair the users need to use the wood glue and apply it directly to the broken part of the chair. After that, they need to attach the wood clamp out there to tighten the loose joint of the chair and then let the wood glue to dry completely for near about 24 hours before using the swivel chair again.