Best Way To Paint Wrought Iron Patio Furniture/Chair
Here are the steps that the customers need to follow for painting the wrought iron patio furniture:
- Gather Tools And Material: The first step is that the customers need to collect the material and tools like gloves, tack cloth, medium-grit sandpaper, wrought iron, exterior enamel paint, dust mask, paintbrush, primer, and stiff wire brush that are required for painting the wrought iron patio furniture.
- Scrub The Wrought Iron: When the furniture is placed in the open air dirt and grime particles settle on the furniture surface. The customers need to clean the entire furniture with the help of stiff wire brush in order to remove the dirt and dust particles. If the wrought iron exists with a coat of paint on it then for best results the customers need to clean the existing coat of paint from the patio furniture.
- Sand The Wrought Iron: The customers can use the medium-grit sandpaper to sand the wrought iron furniture surface so as to make the furniture surface perfect for priming and painting.
- Apply Primer: Now the customers need to apply a rust primer coat on the furniture surface to protect the wrought iron from rusting. A thin layer of rust primer is applied on the wrought iron furniture with the help of a brush.
- Sand The Primer: When the primer dries completely on the furniture surface, the customers need to sand the primer with medium-grit sandpaper. Then wipe the sanded residue particles from the furniture surface by using a tack cloth.
- Apply Paint: Last step is to apply paint on the wrought iron furniture. The customers can use the exterior enamel paint on the wrought iron furniture. The long and smooth strokes of paint are applied on the patio furniture surface. The second coat of paint can also be applied.