Steps To Paint Varnished Cabinets
Here are some of the steps by which the customers can easily Paint the Varnished Cabinets:
- Use The Drop Cloth: The customers need to start by placing the drop cloth to the entire surface of the floor in order to protect the floor from the paint spills and the dust.
- Remove The Hardware: The customers need to detach all the doors and the drawers from the cabinets by unbinding all the metal hardware like hinges, knobs, and the screws by using the screwdriver.
- Fill Up The Wood Holes: The customers then need to fill up all the holes on the cabinets by using the wood putty. They need to apply the wood putty to the holes by using the utility knife and then allow the wood putty to dry completely.
- Use The Orbital Sander: The customers then need to use the orbital sander and move it over the entire surface of the cabinets and the doors in order to detach the old glossy finish from the cabinets. The customers then need to clean the dust from the cabinets by using the soft dry cloth.
- Apply The Primer: The customers then need to apply a layer of the wood primer to the inner, outer areas as well as the doors and drawers of the cabinets. The customers then need to allow the primer to dry completely before applying the second layer of the primer.
- Apply The Paint: Once the primer is completely dried the customers then need to apply a coat of paint to the cabinets and the doors and then let it dry completely before applying two more coats of the paint.
- Re-install The Doors And Drawers: The customers, at last, need to re-install all the doors and the drawers to the cabinets by using the saved hinges, screws and the knobs as well.