Method To Paint Builder Grade Cabinets
Builder grade products are also known as contractor grade. The best thing about the builder grade products is that they are more durable than other products. Builder grade products are also used in furniture making like windows, doors, cabinets, shells. Builder grade products are not too expensive and can be painted easily. If the user wants to paint the builder grade cabinets, then he needs to follow the below-given steps:
- Prepping The Surface: First of all, prepare the surface of builder grade cabinets by using a power cleaner. Mostly the red devil cleaner is used for cleaning the surface of builder grade cabinets.
- Mix: Take 1 gallon of water and mix it with the red devil cleaner in a bucket.
- Sponge: Take sponge and clean the surface of builder grade cabinets.
- Primer: After cleaning the surface, use a thin paintbrush and apply at least 2 coats of primer on the surface and let the cabinets dry for maximum 12-15 hours.
- Sandpaper: Use small grit sandpaper to sand the surface of grade cabinets after the primer coat.
- Clean: Clean the surface of the cabinets with help of cloth or with vacuum cleaner.
- Spray: After following all the steps, it is time to paint the builder grade cabinets. A paint sprayer is the most common and easy way to paint the cabinets. Mix the suitable amount of paint in the sprayer and start painting the cabinets.
- Dry: Let the builder grade cabinets dry for maximum 24 hours directly in sunlight or in fan air.