Steps To Paint Bathroom Vanity Laminate
The bathroom Vanity cabinets are often sold with a finish already coated on them, that makes it ready for use in the bathroom without any finishing required. Besides that, the vanity cabinets can also be painted. The steps for Painting Bathroom Vanity Laminate are as follows:
- Preparation: The first step in painting the Bathroom Vanity Laminate is to prepare the area by Covering the floor around the vanity with the newspaper or drop cloth. Remove vanity doors with a head screwdriver.
- Sanding: Now the next step is to sand vanity and door fronts with the help of the fine-grit sanding block. Sand from inside as well in case the user wants it painted also.
- Light Sanding: Sand lightly to scuff the surface only and don't sand firmly. The laminate is a thin layer so sand only to scuff the layer after that wipe away the dust with the tack cloth. Cover the area that the user doesn't want to paint with the painter's tape.
- Primer: The next step is to apply the primer, simply pour some primer in the tray. Dip the best quality foam brush in the solution and apply on the area that should be painted. Allow the primers to dry completely before heading to the next step.
- Drips Or Lumps: If there is any drips or lumps on the surface once the primer is dried then sand the affected area and at the same time wipe the dust.
- Paint: The next step is to pour some latex paint in the tray. Apply the paint on the entire surface with the help of the good quality paintbrush, leave the paint to dry completely, then go for the second coat.